Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Always the low class leader...always

Michelle, my lovely wife and partner in crime, and I went to Wal-Mart tonight to buy some blank CDs (for totally legal music burning...I swear) when a question that I've been pondering for years popped in my head: Why is Wal-Mart so fucking dirty? Everytime I'm in that gotdamned place, I feel like I'm gonna contract a deadly cocktail of ebola, herpes, and the clap just by touching anything in the place (including the people). Speaking of the people, where do they find the eclectic group of parasite hosts that you encounter in Wal-Mart? I could swear I saw Osama bin Laden, Kid Rock, and three extras from 'The Color Purple' all walking around in this piece looking toe-the-fukk-out.

Not only do I hate Wal-Mart's ability to kill a healthy mule in a matter of seconds, but I also abhor them for all the other Wal-Marxish bull they get away with. Hiring droves of illegal immigrants with no penalty, pretty much destroying any locally-owned and operated business within its path (thereby weakening the local economy), and for the way it pretty much strong-arms any one who wants to sell a product into doing it their fascist way. My mother loooooves Wal-Mart. She also happens to work for an off and on bankrupt company called Winn-Dixie, which if you live below the Mason-Dixon line, used to be a beast in the grocery realm...until Super Wal-Mart moved in. Now no one goes to Winn-Dixie; the all go to Wal-Mart. Even my mother. She often asks the rhetorical question "Why can't Winn-Dixie get they shit together?" The answer is right in the Arkansas-based juggernaught. The way they beat suppliers, distributors, and merchandisers into using their logistics system and shelving practices is what leads to those low prices everyone loves...it also leads to companies going bankrupt and tons of people becoming unemployed. I'm just talkin'.

No comments: